Title: Academic & Student Support Associate, Full Time Anderson County
Employee Classification: Clerical & Secretarial
Department: Student Services
Campus Location: TCAT Knoxville - Anderson County Higher Education Center
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the full-time position of Academic & Student Support Associate for the Anderson County Higher Education Center. This position will work 7.5 hours per day and 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday. Initial training will be held at the Knoxville main campus.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Graduate of technical diploma and/or associates degree
• Minimum of five years’ of related work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions
• Ability to remain composed in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to foster relationships within and outside the department
• Experience in higher education or school system
• Experience with Banner student information system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals
• Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems
• Detailed-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments, environment and multiple priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations
• Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.), understand and respond positively to their requests
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to Tennessee Board of Regent guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application that includes your required documents. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete begin and end dates under your employment history. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applications accepted until 02/05/2023.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is a TBR institution; is an AA/EEO/ADA Employer; and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Misty West, Human Resources Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org ,1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919, (865) 259-7594.