Title: Assistant Professor Medical Coding, 9 Month
Institution: Jackson State Community College
This is a 9-month faculty, full-time, four-year grant-funded position. Responsible for teaching, advising, and coordinating of the medical coding program to ensure students are offered high-quality services and meaningful education.
● Bachelors Degree or higher and a certification in the medical coding field
● Collegiate-level teaching experience
● Certification in medical coding, medical billing, or related field
● Knowledge of Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
● Experience working on federal/government grants
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge and/or experience using a variety of instructional delivery modes. Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Pay Rate: $43,223 - $51,867 Annual salary depending on eligible experience which is defined by the current compensation plan.
Closing Date: February 28, 2023
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position we require an attached resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts.
A completed satisfactory background check will be required before hire.