Title: Financial Aid Support Associate
Employee Classification: Clerical & Secretarial
Institution: System Office
Department: Service Center/Office of Student Success
Campus Location: Tennessee Board of Regents System Office
The Financial Aid Support Associate, Student Services is responsible for ensuring all financial aid processing functions are provided in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with all applicable institutional, TBR, state, and federal regulations, policies, and guidelines. In consultation with the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student and Financial Aid Services, Financial Aid Manager, Student Banner Shared Services Specialist and Associate, and college staff this position administers state and federal aid programs, Return of Title IV (R2T4), and other financial aid related functions for the TBR colleges. The Financial Aid Support Associate works closely with the institutions of the TBR system and is expected to provide a high level of customer service to all institutions served.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience OR an Associate’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience OR a comparable combination of education and experience
• Experience working in financial aid or accounts receivable in a technical college, community college, university setting or system
• Knowledge of financial aid programs such as Pell Grant, Tennessee Student Assistance Award, Tennessee Promise Scholarship, etc.
• Ability to plan, organize, and solve complex and routine tasks simultaneously
• Experience with Banner or similar ERP system
• Experience within a shared service operating environment
• Experience or training in Windows operating system and Microsoft Office 365 applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• In-depth knowledge of college or university financial aid or accounts receivable processing and reporting requirements
• Broad knowledge of federal and state laws and guidelines
• A willingness and passion to learn new hardware and software systems that are consistent with duties
• Ability to effectively analyze data and inquiries, think critically, and make appropriate decisions
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work as part of a team or work alone without close supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in compliance rules and regulations, including HIPAA and FERPA guidelines on the disclosure of information