Title: Lab Assistant - EMT/AEMT
Employee Classification: Part-Time/Temporary
Institution: Northeast State Community College
Department: Health Professions
Campus Location: Northeast State at Kingsport
Salary: $20.00 hourly, up to 20 hours per week
Reporting to the Dean of Health Professions, the EMT Lab Assistant assists with the preparation and clean-up of laboratory and provides instruction and support to students at the assigned clinical site and/or campus lab.
• Assist students at the assigned clinical site and/or lab on campus
• Provide oversight of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Program, travel to clinical sites two to three days a week as needed
• Adhere to applicable accreditation commission standards or agencies regulations, the college’s policies and procedures, and the Program’s curricula
• Provide competent, consistent, and safe instructions to the students
• Demonstrate professional attitudes and behavior in the following areas:
o Adherence to policies and standards
o Management of conflict
o Ethical judgment
o Self-directed learning for professional growth
o Interactions with patients, public and health care professionals
• Support instructor using appropriate techniques related to adult learning to include:
o Skills training
o Quizzing and discussion
• Provide basic counseling and support skills to facilitate learning and progress
• Assist in evaluating the student’s performance according to established standards and criteria
• Maintain communication with Northeast State Community College Program Director and instructors
• Provide appropriate level of supervision to student in clinical setting
• Complete other assignments as directed by supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
For assistance regarding the job ad, application process, or application status, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-354-5183 or HRstaffing@northeaststate.edu.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Northeast State, you must create an online application. A resume and unofficial transcripts are required; a cover letter is optional. You will also be required to provide the contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note that attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience.